Thursday, December 23, 2010

EDITORIAL: ‘I Wish it was Christmas Today’

From The Editor
By Patrick Jason Rodriguez


“I Wish It Was Christmas Today” is a song that was first performed during a skit on Saturday Night Live a little more than 10 years ago. I heard it the other day when a friend of mine posted a linked to the video on their Facebook page.
I don’t get why the radio stations don’t play it. It seems they’ve been blaring the same stale holiday tunes since October (Yes, since October; obviously they started late this year). This whimsical song would certainly be a nice addition to anyone’s holiday playlist.
I finished my holiday gift buying this past Sunday. That’s the good news. The bad news is that I didn’t buy anything from any of the shops here locally, instead spending my money in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Los Lunas (for gas). I really do need to start shopping more in Socorro, and I don’t mean at Walmart. Though I know that’s where I will, indeed, end up shopping at. Sorry, but soy milk, among other things, is just so darn inexpensive there.
Seven lines left to say what I need to get off my chest (metaphorically). So. Here. It. Goes. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Yule, solstice, Festivus, etc., and, of course, Happy New Year.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment