Thursday, January 6, 2011

Top Ten Swingle Canyon Stories Of 2010 According to Sylvia

Sylvia
By Anne Sullivan

  1. January 4, 2010 – Thirty-three-year-old Brandy fell in the snow for the second day in a row and is now no more. That horse never liked me (or anybody) so I don’t know why I miss her. RingWorm has been gone for 2 ½ weeks now so I figure that cat is gone for good. I REALLY miss her.
  2. February 17, 2010 – Boss in a lousy mood. Doing taxes. SHE yelled at me for nothing at all.
  3. March 3, 2010 – Knocked Gordo’s food bowl over and enjoyed cat kibble. Also had fun chasing Gordo who was upset. So was Boss.
  4. April 13, 2010 – Did not attack UPS Driver who delivered package. Did not open package which lay on porch while SHE drove into Socorro to attend Goodbye Party for Jackie Kraft, friend to all animals.
  5. May 10, 2010 – SHE went to New Guinea so I got to rule the roost. Responsibility of guarding the house weighed heavily on my capable shoulders but I managed to prevent all disasters.
  6. July 4, 2010 – Visiting dog named Yah Dah ate leftover kibble from my bowl. Chased Yah Dah and succeeded in keeping her off porch. Scolded for being inhospitable.
  7. August 9, 2010 – Red Letter Day. SHE was away all day doing goodness knows what but came back with a doggie box of steak for me.
  8. September 1 & 2, 2010 – Frightened aliens away from house by barking all night long. Staunchly refused all entreaties by Boss to shut up.
  9. October 5, 2010 – Received cheerful painted paperweights from admirer from Socorro, Roger Ulibarri. One for me, one for Gordo and one for the boss.
  10. December 23, 2010 – Terror-filled ride in pickup driven by the boss. Had to go to the Vet in Socorro. Prescribed pills because I apparently make funny wheezing gurgling noise. I did not make said noise while at Vet’s. Slept all night inside house because of cold temperature outside as well as my cold (if that is what it is.) Woke Boss twice to let me out, once just to bark. Not received well by Boss.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment