Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gardening Lecture

Mountain Mail reports

On Friday, April 9 from 1 until 3 p.m., Pie Town gardener Judith Alley will give an adult program entitled ‘Organic Gardening in Catron County’ at Datil’s Baldwin Cabin Public Library. The program will be accompanied by a seed exchange. Don’t forget to bring your seeds to trade with others.
Judith Alley will show techniques learned in 10 years of organic gardening in Catron County, a place where every property has its own microclimate.
“It didn’t take long for me to discover that all the books I read didn’t give me enough information on gardening in our climate and altitude,” Alley says. “Our climate is so extreme I’ve had to come up with ways to fool my plants into thinking the weather is better.”
Baldwin Cabin Public Library is on FR 100 just off U.S. 60 three miles west of downtown Datil.
Everyone is invited.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment