Thursday, January 21, 2010

Celebrate Life As Best You Can

Luna News
By Kaye Mindar

I apologize for not submitting a column last week. It had been a long and stressful week and come deadline day it was my birthday. I had a wonderful day full of surprises and after a relaxing trip to Show Low. Yes, relaxing and unhurried. I decided I needed to make one more phone call of the day. I called my Dad.
In a twist of things I thanked him for never giving up on me, for prayers and support, and for holding my Mom so tight while she was with us. I thanked him for my birthday. I was a sick baby and caused my parents many long nights at the hospital and worries as one problem lead to the next.
I am the fifth of six children and I know that life was difficult; but also fun. I am grateful that I can finally be grateful for all that I have in my marriage, my children, my grandchildren, my education, my choices of stay at home jobs, and our home here in Luna.

Although they did not live in Luna, our love and prayers go out to the Way family at the passing of Pastor Sam Way. Our children know and love Lisa and will truly miss Sam through the 4-H and county extension programs. Also Sam was an important figure in Luna with his work and skills.

The family of Joe and Carol Laney is truly grateful for all of the well wishes and visits from “Lunatics” as Carol slipped into the final stages of her cancer. She passed away Wednesday morning. Her family truly appreciates the love that surrounds them with family and friends.

All of our love and prayers go out to Sally Hulsey as she recovers from a fall while visiting family.

Last Friday evening many friends, family and neighbors enjoyed a potluck dinner and plenty of down-home music performed by the Nicolds’ family at the Luna Community Center. These informal evenings are a true Luna style social event.

The Community Center library also holds two new books written and donated by Pat Jenks. They are available for free checkout and for more information you can contact Alberta Nicolds.

Old material in circulation at the Luna Ward Library; such as old Church magazines, Primary items and Church conference videos can be picked up at the library and are available for anyone interested until the end of February. Please contact Joyce Laney for more information and arrangements for picking items up.

Food orders are due Sunday, Jan. 24, and our first canning session of the year will be held on Friday, Feb. 26. Please contact Joyce Laney for information.

Luna’s Family History Library is opened again on Wednesday’s from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. depending on weather; you may want to call Phyllis Price ahead of time. Also there is help available after hours or as needed by contacting Phyllis Price or (me) Kaye Mindar.

“In every home, neighborhood, and community, we ought to strive for peace and never be party to stirring up contention or division.”
~M. Russell Ballard

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment